41 weeks. Bryn and I visited the midwife this morning. I begged her to help the labour to get started, so she agreed to do a cervical stripping. Owww. I was begging Bryn for an epidural at that point and the midwife laughed and must have thought to herself, these crazy foreigners, they are such wimps. I have done this au naturelle twice before and honestly don't have any appetite to repeat history. Anyway, the plan for the winding down of this pregnancy is as follows:
If nothing happens before Friday, I will see a gynaecologist for an ultrasound check up.
If nothing happens before Saturday, I'll visit the midwife at 8:30am for yet another cervical stripping.
If that doesn't work, Sunday will be spent with the gynae again for a check up.
Monday will be the midwife cervical strip.
And goodness me, if all that doesn't bring on labour, the gynae will induce me on Tuesday at 42 weeks.
At least I have a plan. At least each day that goes by gets closer to the arrival date. At least I have Bryn all to myself from Thursday. We're going to the movies after we drop the girls off at school in the morning!
Oh Claire, you poor thing!!! But you're right, at least you have a plan!! Enjoy your movie.... hopefully baby 3 won't decide to make her grand appearance during the movie! Love, Jane
ReplyDeleteCervical Stripping!!!!!!!!!! Have thankfully never heard of that, it sounds REALLY painful! Thought and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteLots of love
Nicola de Wet