Savannah has inherited a gene from my sister Gemma that most certainly skipped me. SEWING! I'm the type that prefers fabric glueing to sewing. Anything to get around the laborious pinning, stitching and in my case, constant unpicking! She has had the opportunity to complete a couple of sewing projects at school and has enjoyed each one. We passed a toy store the other day and she begged to go inside to look for a sewing project. We couldn't find anything, so plan B it was. I had some fabric and needles and cotton for her to at least create something at home. I taught her the extent of what I know (threading a needle, knotting it and making basic hand stitches). She came up with the rest. She made a little cushion cover that afternoon and got started on another heart cushion cover that evening. It's been fun watching her so engrossed. Madison has since begged to learn, so she has been teaching her little sister all she knows.
Monday, April 13, 2009
11 April 2009
Savannah has inherited a gene from my sister Gemma that most certainly skipped me. SEWING! I'm the type that prefers fabric glueing to sewing. Anything to get around the laborious pinning, stitching and in my case, constant unpicking! She has had the opportunity to complete a couple of sewing projects at school and has enjoyed each one. We passed a toy store the other day and she begged to go inside to look for a sewing project. We couldn't find anything, so plan B it was. I had some fabric and needles and cotton for her to at least create something at home. I taught her the extent of what I know (threading a needle, knotting it and making basic hand stitches). She came up with the rest. She made a little cushion cover that afternoon and got started on another heart cushion cover that evening. It's been fun watching her so engrossed. Madison has since begged to learn, so she has been teaching her little sister all she knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well done Savannah! Keep it up
ReplyDeleteAuntie Gem used to do just what you are doing and look what she can do now
love Gila