Friday, April 10, 2009

9 April 2009


Remember I was toying with the very Dutch idea of having a stork announce to the neighbourhood that our baby arrived? Well, here it is--the stork that flew into the carport. Bryn put it up when I was in hospital. I am amazed at the love and excitement that has been shown to us over the last week. The Dutch really celebrate the birth of a child. It's a big deal to them. I felt like a celebrity at school yesterday when I went to collect the girls for the first time. I got hugs and kisses and congratulations, cards and presents. The caretaker came to kiss me, just about every teacher in the school knew her name, the principal said she's keeping a place for Sophie. I deliberately went a little late, so to avoid a fuss, but I had no idea that being 5 minutes late (the Dutch are very prompt at collecting their children), which is late, would cost me an hour of showing off our sweet baby. Imagine if I had arrived on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment